Friday, August 23, 2013

Crafty Friday - Baby Clothes Closest Size Organizers

My little girl has a lot of clothes already.  I was hanging them in the closest was worried about how to organize them.  I also wanted to make sure my husband knew where to pull from when dressing her.  I saw a lot of size organizers for sale at the baby stores and couldn't justify the money, so I made my own and love them!!!


Supplies Needed:
Cardboard Shapes ( I found mine in the dollar bins at Michaels)
Assorted Scrapbook Paper
Coordinating Vinyl
Double Stick Tape or your favorite adhesive
Scissors
Pencil
Circle Shape for Tracing



First, I took some flower shaped cardboard cutouts I found at the craft store and traced a circle in the center of them.   You could also use regular cardboard and cut out circles or shapes of your choice.  I used five of the flower shapes.



Next, I traced the flower shapes onto the backside of the scrapbook papers. 


Then, take the cardboard flower shapes and cut out the circles you traced and also cut a slit from the outer edge to the inner circle.  You do this so you can slide it over the closest rod.



Next, cut out the flower shapes you traced onto the scrapbook papers.  


Then turn the paper over so you can use the white side and place the cardboard cut out on top of the paper.  Trace the cutout circle on the paper.  



And then cut out the inner circle from the scrapbook paper.  Also, cut down from the edge to the top of the inner circle so there is a slit for sliding over the closest hanging rod. 



Next, use your favorite adhesive to adhere the scrapbook paper to the cardboard flower.


I covered both sides of the cardboard flower with the same patterned scrapbook paper.  Then, I used my cutting machine to make numbers out of coordinating gray vinyl for the following sizes: 0-3 months, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, 12 - .    You could also use scrapbook letters from the craft store already made.


Then adhere the numbers to the paper covered flower cutouts.  I put mine on the left hand side.  


Finally, hang the cutouts on your closest rod. 



 Now, hopefully my little one will wear everything before she outgrows them and I will stay organized!!! (And hubby won't try putting something on her that's too big!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment