Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tip Tuesday - Making Holidays Special

We LOVE holidays at our house!  I try to do little things to make the holidays special for the kids without spending a lot of money.  It is super easy to do and fun and the kids look forward to them every year! 

One thing I always do is make breakfast special.  Sometimes I color their pancakes with food coloring and always cut them into shapes with cookie cutters.
This weekend I made cinnamon rolls (yes from Pillsbury not scratch) and to make them "Halloween" I sprinkled Halloween themed sprinkles, confetti, and sugar on them.  My little guy thought they were cool.  You could also color the frosting orange with food coloring. 


Another thing I do is at dinner I color their milk with food coloring.  Last night they had orange milk, in a Halloween cup of course! 


I also cut their sandwiches into shapes with holiday themed cookie cutters!  It makes my little guy eat more of them!

Another fun thing for Halloween is making hot dogs into mummy dogs...easy and fun!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/crescent-mummy-dogs/d52a57d7-ab8a-4a1c-8dae-f9f90d03b912

To me it is the little things you do to make the holidays memorable and special that mean the most and it doesn't take a lot of money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment