Friday, June 28, 2013

Crafty Friday - 4th of July Rag Wreath

While decorating for 4th of July I needed a wreath for the door to my laundry room, I couldn't leave an empty hook up.  So I decided to pull out my supplies and see what I could come up with.  I decided to make a rag wreath.

Supplies needed:
Scraps of fabric
Wreath Form ( I used a 12" Styrofoam wreath)
Floral Pin for Hanging
Scissors to cut the fabric



First, I took my fabric scraps and cut them into pieces about 1" wide and 14" long.  They don't need to be precise or exactly straight and even.  I used 108 strips for this wreath and it was VERY full.   Next, I took a strip of fabric and wrapped the strip around the wreath form and then tied a simple knot on the outside.


I kept wrapping the fabric around the wreath and knotting it.  Every few strips I would push them together to make them a little tighter.
Cutting and wrapping this project is the perfect time for catching up on any television shows you are behind on!  Keep wrapping and tying until the wreath is as full as you want.  It doesn't have to be perfect because once it is done, it all blends together. Finally, I took a floral pin and pushed it into the back of the wreath for hanging on my command hook.



Hang the wreath on your hook and admire! 




Don't forget to come back for more 4th of July tutorials!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! If only I had the time to make one before the 4th...there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start now! I need to start now for Christmas! Can always make one for any holiday- just change up the scraps!

      Delete