Friday, September 13, 2013

Crafty Friday - Elephant Specimen Art

Today's Crafty Friday is an easy way to add custom artwork to your child's room.   My little girl's room has a theme of pink elephants.  I wanted something different and came up with this specimen art.  I have made similar pieces for my Etsy shop and my own house for the holidays. 



Supplies Needed:
8x10 shadow box (purchased at 40% off at local craft store)
elephant punch
scrapbook paper
white scrapbook paper for background
pop dots/dimensionals/glue dots
paper cutter



First, I used my elephant punch to make a bunch of elephants out of coordinating scrapbook papers.  I ended up using 24 punched elephants for the project.  You could use less if wanted.
This project is great because you could use any punch or cut shapes out on your cutting machine to coordinate with your room.

Next, trim a piece of white scrapbook paper to 8x10 to be the background to attach the elephants too.


Then I laid the background paper in the frame.  I did this so I had an idea of where the edges were so I didn't place my elephants too close to the edge.


Then place the elephants in the desired pattern and adhere with a glue dot or pop dot for a 3d effect.


Finally, add the rest of the frame and hang!  Easy, quick, and you can change it up to coordinate with any themed room or holiday!









No comments:

Post a Comment