Monday, June 24, 2013

Recipe Monday - 4th of July Pancakes

Thanks for joining me for another Recipe Monday!! 


My boys love having pancakes for breakfast, okay anything with carbs!  Around the holidays I try to make them a little different and special.  Here are some ideas for you! 

Ingredients Needed:
Your favorite pancake mix or recipe
Colored sprinkles
Food Coloring
Cookie Cutters



First, mix your favorite pancake mix according to the directions.  I like to make things easy, so I use Bisquick HeartSmart.   Next, evenly divide the batter into three bowls.   Into one of the bowls mix drops of red food coloring and stir until blended.  Into one of the other bowls mix drops of blue food coloring and stir until blended.  The third bowl leave plain for the white. 


Heat your pancake griddle  while mixing batter.  Once heated you can start making pancakes.   First, I made some white circles and before flipping them over sprinkled red, white, and blue 4th of July sprinkles into the pancake.  I finished cooking as usual.


After that I took the red pancake batter and with a spoon drizzled some on the griddle in a "firework" pattern.  Then, I took the blue pancake batter and drizzled it over the red batter. Then, finished cooking as usual.  My little guy thought it was cool. 



I also made some white circles with 4th of July sprinkles and after it had cooked used a star shaped cookie cutter to cut it out.


I continued doing different colors and shapes until the batter was all used up.   I also snuck some red and blue M & M 's into a few for me!  An easy and fun idea to make a holiday morning more fun.

1 comment: