Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July Wreath

When I was decorating my alcove for 4th of July I realized I had nothing to hang on the empty hook.  I wanted a wreath but didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Here is what I came up with. 

Supplies Needed:

A 12" wreath form (any material you want - I had Styrofoam on hand)
2 9ft 4th of July garlands from the Dollar Store
Scrap Ribbon



I took the garlands and started at one end of the wreath and wrapped the garlands around.  Instead of gluing the ends I just used a pin to secure the garland ends to the wreath.  Since the garland is full you are not able to see the pin.  Then I took a  piece of scrap ribbon left from Christmas that is red and silver.  I tied it around the wreath and made a bow.  Then, I hung it on the hook.  


Altogether the wreath cost under $5.00 and took about 10 minutes!   Thanks for visiting!





1 comment: