Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tip Tuesday - Table Toppers


I have a table in my entryway that holds a plant and hides our Christmas DVD's and CD's underneath it.   It usually has a green tablecloth on it and a plant.  It gets kind of boring.  To spice it up and decorate for holidays, which I love to do, I have an easy solution.  


First, purchase a yard of fabric in a pattern you like or a holiday theme.  I use a 40% or 50% coupon at my local craft store.  To give the fabric a hem, pin it all the way around the rectangle about a quarter inch.  Next, straight stitch by hand or on your sewing machine.  Now you have a table top cover!   Just place on top of your existing tablecloth and you have a different look.  I did splurge and buy an off white cloth at a local discount store for under the holiday patterns. It is so inexpensive with a coupon to make these that you can change it out often and not spend a lot of money!



No comments:

Post a Comment